Fresh Carrot And Ginger Soup Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 20 min
Ingredients [Serves 5 to 6]:
6 large carrots (or 3 cups chopped)
2 garlic pods [4 if using small pods]
1 teaspoon of ginger, chopped]
1 teaspoon olive oil
Freshly crushed peppercorns (optional)
1 teaspoon sambar powder/ curry powder (optional)
Salt to taste
Water as needed (depends on consistency you like
1. Wash, peel and chop carrots, also peel and chop garlic and ginger.
2. In a pressure cooker heat oil add carrot, garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add salt, pepper powder, sambar powder (if using) 1 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
4. Once cooker release pressure and carrot gets cooled grind into smooth paste along with ginger.
5. Bring back the puree to cooker add 3-4 cups of water (as much as you like your soup's consistency), adjust salt if required and brig it to good boil, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve hot with bread or toast.